Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Joining "The Classic Club"

I have seen a lot of references to this club, but thought I will wait a while to join. There are so many challenges and sometimes I feel I just read challenge books (which is good of course), but sometimes it is just nice to grab a book you feel like reading for the moment. I am a little bit of a mood reader and tend to go for certain books at certain moments.

Now, however, I read in Brona's Books about the Classic Club spin no. 7. Sounds interesting and a good way to read a classic book. For more info on the Classic Club go here.

The idea is to make a list of 20 classics that you want to read. On Monday 11 August, there will be a chosen number and the book on this number you should read. Fait accompli! No way back.

Choosing from what classics I have in my TBR shelves, and not having the same author twice, here is my list of classics:

1. Emma by Jane Austen
2. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
3. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
4. The Angelic Avengers by Isak Dinesen
5. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
6. Light in August by William Faulkner
7. My Childhood by Maxim Gorky
8. Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
9. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
10. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
11. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
12. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
13. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
14. The World Around in 80 Days by Jules Verne
15. Ben Hur by Lew Wallace
16. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
17. La Nausé by Jean-Paul Sartre
18. Richard III by William Shakespeare
19. Travels With My Aunt by Graham Green
20. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck


My TBR books


Can't wait to see which number it will turn out to be! Hopefully, not one of the very thick and difficult ones! But, if so, a challenge is a challenge and has to be take up!

For my overall reading in the Classic Club you can see which 50 books I have chosen here.
The above are included in the list.

Comments

  1. Welcome aboard Lisbeth - glad I helped to inspire you.

    You have some great choices, but like you, I hope to avoid the chunksters :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster