Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

6 Degrees of Separation Meme

6 Degrees of Separation is a monthly meme hosted by Kate @Books Are My Favourite and Best.


This is my first entry with 6 Degrees of Separation. I find it interesting to follow a thread in what I read. One book leading to another, be it the same author, the same genre, the same theme or the same anything. A link is a way to discover new books, places and people.

The 3 December book is Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates. I have not read this book, neither seen the movie. But I always intended to, but the future will tell. From there I would use Road as the connecting word and go on to a new purchase; All Roads Lead to Austen - A yearlong Journey with Jane by Amy Elizabeth Smith. Austen is always interesting and this seems to be a new way to approach her. Naturally the connection is Austen so I choose Northanger Abbey which I recently read and just loved. It comes out as my second favourite Austen (after Pride and Prejudice of course).

The thread here is Abbey which make me think of the Knights Templar. Suitable since I have a book on my TBR shelves that fits in; The Rise and Fall of the Knights Templar by Gordon Napier. It is always an interesting topic. Connecting words this time are Rise/Fall which takes me to a classic; The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon. I have the book somewhere and have read at least half of it. Hmm, can't remember having seen it for a while so it might have got lost! Rome is the connecting word and leads to The Classic World - An Epic History of Greece and Rome by Robin Lane Fox. Another fiction book on my TBR shelves.

Comments

  1. I have a great interest in Rome, and two books have appeared on my horizon. One is Captivity, by Spiro, which won an award in Hungary. The other is to be newly released by Penguin, entitled The Confessions of Young Nero. Both sound fascinating to me, and your mention of Rome "made" me leave the titles for you here. Perhaps they would intrigue you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ancient Rome holds us all in a grip. Fascinating times and history. I checked up your suggestions and they seem to be very interesting. I will add them to my to read list. Thank you for inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining in and I hope you become a #6degrees regular!

    I think it's been too long since I read any Austen (in fact, it could be over a decade) - sounds like All Roads Lead to Austen could be a nice book to reacquaint myself with all of her wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great meme. It makes you think of books in another way.
      Austen is great. Last night I attended the Brontë Reading Group where we discussed her 'Northanger Abbey' which I think is one of her greatest books. 'All Roads...' sounds promising as well. Always interesting to see how people approach classics like Austen or the Brontë sisters.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster