Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Outcome of Challenges 2017

I joined quite a few challenges in 2017.I only managed to fulfil a few of them and they are:

The European Reading Challenge hosted by Rose City Reader. I read five books from different European countries.

The Go-Betwen by J.P. Hartley (UK), The Temporary Gentleman by Sebastian Barry (Ireland),
Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann (Germany), Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare (Italy),
Unsolved Mysteries of Amsterdam by Martijn H. Adelmund (the Netherlands).


Full House Reading Challenge 2017 hosted by Kathryn at Book Date.  I managed to read the whole card!


Read 52 books in 52 weeks hosted by Robin of my Two BlessingsI missed one week during my holiday, but otherwise I managed.

Twenty Books of Summer hosted by Cathy at Cathy 746 Books. I opted for 10 books but read 13, so a bonus there!

Then there were some where I did not make it all the way through.

Mount the TBR Reading Challenge hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block. I opted for 48 books to climb Mt Ararat, but only managed 42 books! Meaning I climed Mt. Vancouver at least.

Back to the Classics hosted by Karen @ Books and Chocolate. I managed 9 out of 12.

What's in a Name hosted by The Worm Hole. I managed books with; A number, A building, A title which at least two words start with the same letter. Missed out on; A title with X in it, A compass direction, An item of cutlery.

The Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge hosted by Escape with Dollycas. I did not manage to read titles starting on I, Q, X, Y and Z.

Keyword Reading Challenge hosted by Claudia at My Soul Called Life. I only managed January - April and nothing for the rest of the year.

Where Are You Reading hosted by Book Dragon's Lair. I did not manage to find places for D, E, K, N, O, T, U, X, Y and Z.

Overall, I am quite happy with the challenges, although to have managed them all would have been great. I will join some of the also for 2018 and I hope for a better reading year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler