Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

New purchases and the discovery of a new second hand book shop

Today it was a lovely, sunny day, with blue skies and trees or tremendous colours. One of these very nice autumn days. They are very rare here in Brussels where the autumn is mostly connected with heavy clouds and rain. Not this year though.

I went down town to Brussels today to finish of my walk No. 2. It took me to the St Catherine area of Brussels.  A post about this will appear shortly. However, I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled on a fantastic second hand books shop. Just have a look here:

 I just wanted to look since I did not want to carry around more books than I already had in my ruck sac, but guess what? I couldn't resist a book which I wanted to read a long time. Furthermore, it had some guidance for studies on this book, which I thought I very much needed. It is Stendhal's The Red and the Black.  For 5 € it was a bargain.

After my walk I went to my favourite Döner Kebab place and had my usual durum pita, sans pommes frites et sauce picante! Good as usual and the guys working there recognises me these days. I always go there when I am in the neighbourhood and always orders the same. A sure way to be remembered!

After that it is only like 50 metres to the Waterstone book shop. I was not going to buy anything, just look around on what's new. Hmmphph! Well, I couldn't resist a book I wanted to read for a long time and that has got fantastic reviews and won the 2010 COSTA Biography Award; Edmund de Waal's The Hare With Amber Eyes. I also managed to find a Christmas present for my son who is a Student Brain Food by Lauren Lucien sounds very useful. It should be good for him to find some nice recipes that he can cook himself. He relies too much on ready made food I am afraid. Hopefully he will enjoy it and above all: USE IT!
student.

Comments

  1. I love it when people find new book shops and then talk about purchases. Enjoy your autumn weather. WE are having a typical spring day with rain and wind but it should pass by this afternoon. I must read my copy of the Hare w Amber Eyes. I have seen it mentioned today in two blogs. An omen maybe to get on the ball !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster