Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2016 - Check Point #1

I joined Bev's challenge at My Reader's Block to lower the number of TBRs that seems to be a constant presence, in my home at least! I opted for Mt Everest, that is to read 100 books from my TBR piles.  I now have (after sorting out a few books I finally realised I will never read) 193 books on my shelves.  If I managed to read 100 there will be less than hundred for next year! Haha, well, if I don't buy any more in the meantime. I try to be rather strict with physical books at least for the time being. Here a first summary of my reading so far.

1. The life-changing magic of tidying by Marie Kondo
2. Our Man in Havanna by Graham Greene
3. Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut
4. The German Woman by Paul Griner
5. Under jorden i Villette by Ingrid Hedström
6. The Almost Nearly Perfect People - Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia by Michael Booth
7. The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel
8. The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevallier
9. Amsterdam - A History of the World's Most Liberal City by Russell Shorto
10. The Sage of Waterloo by Leona Francombe
11. Blekingegatan 32 by Lena Einhorn


 A. Post a picture of your favourite cover so far.  

I think it has to be this one from a historical fiction on Greta Garbo



 B. Who has been your favourite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.

Grandmother Old Lavender (a rabbit) from the wonderful story The Sage of Waterloo, which is told from a rabbit point of view. She has the wisdom learned through generations, tells the history of the battle and the people involved and always has a word of wisdom to sooth her grandson William.

 C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read ever? Etc.)

I have to choose The Sage of Waterloo here as well. A surprisingly human story from a rabbit perspective and with a wonderful twist in the end. On top of this a beautiful, almost poetic prose.

 D. Title Scrabble: See if you can spell a word using the first letter of the first word in the titles of some/all of the books you have read so far. Feel free to consider "A," "An," or "The" as the first word or not as it helps you with your word hunt.

My word BLOG!

Blekingegatan 32 by Lena Einhorn
The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevallier
Our Man in Havanna by Graham Greene
The German Woman by Paul Griner

Great challenge, thanks for hosting Bev!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster