Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56



Rose City Reader, is hosting Book beginnings on Friday. She says:

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Freda’s voice is hosting Friday 56 and the rules are:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.





My book this week is The Temporary Gentleman by Sebastian Barry

Beginning:

'It's a beautiful night and no mistake. You would never think there was a war somewhere.'  

Page 56 (57 since 56 is an empty page):

When my brother Tom was still a teenager he got a job as the organist at the Picture House in Sligo. It is not given to every man to see his brother in such a guise. 

Comments

  1. I have been noticing this book around...thanks for sharing! Here's mine: “AFTER ANNA”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the teasers for "After Anna". Intriguing! Barry does not disappoint.

      Delete
  2. What was the guise the brother was in? I like the looks of the cover. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he refers to his brother working as an organist. Although it seems the family was cultural, I think most of the boys would have considered it not tough enough. And, it must have been a very unusual thing.
      Yes the cover is really great and very suitable to the story.

      Delete
  3. I love how color is used on that cover! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't it great. Very fitting to the story as well.

      Delete
  4. Love the cover, and the book sounds good.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is amazing, and Barry never disappoints!

      Delete
  5. I love the era, so that has piqued my interest. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it was interesting times. One can may say that McNulty had a better life because of the war. He had a dangerous and rather well paid mission and this changed his life, also after the war. He left Ireland and his messy life there. However, there is always a time in life when it all comes back to you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster